Friday, July 25, 2008

Where there is fear

I read somewhere that where there is fear faith cannot exist; therefore, I’m forcing myself to push aside the fear of failure, the fear of defeat, the fear of rejection, the fear of homelessness… and I’m holding on to the only thing that is concretely definite in my decision to move to Los Angeles – my faith. Although I’ve run into my share of dream killers and naysayers and those who feel that I need to have every single detail planned and calculated before I make this move, I’ve decided to go anyway; Because, for me moving to LA means more than just chasing a dream. Yes, the move is rooted in my desire to be a filmmaker and actor, but lately it has grown to mean so much more. This move will be the biggest leap of faith I’ve ever had to make. I’ve asked myself the same questions that everyone else wants to know. How am I going to survive? How am I going to make this work? But, every time I allow those irresolute questions to invade my thoughts I hear God saying, “Will you trust me,” and my answer to him is “yes.”

No comments: