Saturday, July 26, 2008

To the Dreamers - Keep your head up!


I'm sitting in front of my mac book slightly exhausted from spending two enervating hours online posting, updating, requesting, and uploading all in the name of Dreaming in Color. I realize that I've become my own marketing team, but I also recognize that if I don't market my product, no one else will. If I don't spend the time promoting Dreaming in Color, no one outside of my immediate circle will know that the film exist. So, I've given as much of myself as I can to make sure that she is successful. I mean she is my baby. If I don't nurture her, how will she grown to become strong and healthy?

I guess having a self-made product whether it be a film, an album, a mix-tape, a clothing line, a book, or a small business is really like having a child. When they're first born people will take notice and think the kid is cute. They'll congratulate you and buy a few packs of diapers to show their support. But, after that you're on your own. You have to raise that child through the good times and the bad times; through the triumphs and the defeats; through the criticism and rejection. Yet, just like a parent, no matter how frustrating or discouraging raising that child may seem, you're always going to love it because you birthed it.

So shout-outs to all of the entrepreneurs, visionaries, go getter, and moguls in the making. I know your money is low because you spent your last dime trying to get your product out. I know it's frustrating at times when you're trying to create your own demand but it seems as if no one loves you. I know it's hard raising this baby we call our dream, but in the words of late great Tupac Shakur "keep your head up."

No comments: