Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Baggage or Blessings?

I woke up this morning and I felt like something had fallen off a shelf inside of me. Something was different in my spirit. I went on about my day in a subtle mood and was asked several times what was wrong with me and each time I responded "nothing," because honestly nothing was physically or even emotionally wrong with me. I was just in a different place.

Lately I've been asked how I feel about moving to LA in a few short weeks. When I really think about it, I don't feel any type of way. I'm not necessarily anxious or excited. I'm not particularly afraid or nervous. It almost feels natural - like this is what I've been expected to do. To be honest, i've been in no rush to get out of Tallahassee; However, today I felt for the first time that it was really time to go.

Some of those feelings could have come from me packing and moving things out of my apartment. I have to be out tomorrow by 3pm. As I stuffed things into my car and returned to my room to find more and more stuff, I begin to realize that everything wouldn't fit, and whatever I couldn't fit in my car couldn't go with me. I've already thrown away tons of stuff and donated more things to Goodwill than I ever have in my life, but I still needed to get rid of more stuff. I just had to much baggage. That's when it hit me.

I woke up this morning in a different place - in a different mood - because internally I knew it was time to move, and I also knew that I was trying to hold on to some things that I needed to let go. I simply had to much baggage, and my trip to LA wouldn't accommodate the extra weight. So, i decided today that it was okay to leave some of my old possessions behind. Some characters and story lines were good for this chapter, but for the new one I'm writing I need fresh material.

No comments: